Tuesday, August 24, 2010

All Naturale


New seasons makes me want to shake things up around our little duplex. So with the changing temps (highs of 92 rather than 102!!!), I have decided to create a few new goals for myself and for our household. (I think I still equate new school years with new years....wonder how long I'll be out of college before that habit wears off?)
One of these new goals involves a commitment to make from scratch many items that I normally buy. For example, why buy boxed brownie mix when the real thing takes about 3 seconds longer and is SO much better? Why buy linen spray when you can mix your own and decide what essence you'd like to use? Why scrub with Comet when baking soda and vinegar will create a little volcano in your tub AND make it clean!? In my quest, I'm looking for recipes for liquid dish soap and I'd LOVE to know any of your home grown tips.
Since I've been doing a little research, here are some of my favorite links for you to browse and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Casey! Abbye Pates here...

    I make my own laundry detergent (dishsoap is my next goal); I have both a liquid and a powder recipe. You've probably already nailed this, but if you haven't, then let me know, and I'll pass them along. :)

    ReplyDelete