Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Autumn, Here I Come!

First post and new beginnings!
Irony for the fall season. We've been plunged into an early chill. I so enjoy the changing weather, the approaching holidays, and the promise of something new...sinus headaches and all.

I am hoping this little blog here will be an outlet for my thoughts on homemaking and hospitality. I am brimming with ideas all of the time these days and I am dreaming of a space where fellow crafties and myself can share the love of making a home and exchange tips and creative ponderings. I expect strong convictions will sometimes escape out onto the typed page, but I will try my utmost to keep the rants brief. My new husband looked at me this morning with a smile and called me his "little almost-activist". Oh my.

Things you should know about me:
1. I love Jesus. I am being redeemed daily and am committed to learning His Word (exciting, amazing!) and building His kingdom. My husband and I are thrilled with our new marriage, look forward to growing our family, and are awed each and every day at the Lord's flawless plan for our lives and His unfailing faithfulness. We experience about a miracle a week, it seems.

Now for the less important stuff.
I work at a small event rental company. This is fun for me, as I get to help people create the look of their weddings and parties.
I love baking. Am a stage actress at heart. Love reading...presently indulging myself in an incredibly nerdy personal study on Arthurian legend (can't believe I admitted that). Fan of biographies. Can read a cookbook with the interest of a novel. Art history buff. Amateur-quilter-want-to-be (my mom is a master quilter!). Could eat bread as an entree at every meal. Am fascinated with fashion. An early riser. Huge fan of finger nail polish. Coffee addict. Enjoy word games (bananagrams, anyone?). Clean freak (thank you, marriage, for revealing this trait). Busy bee (have a hard time sitting through a movie without working on a project). I have an unexpected fondness for Batman and I really really love U2. My husband, Caleb, and I have an incredible community of friends who we consider part of our family.
Although I certainly have some musings about life and home, I am presently at work...so I'll be keeping this post fairly brief. Glad you read this, whoever you are. Hopefully I'll get to write a bit more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment