Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Irony and a Jacket

My husband splurged and bought me an adorable jacket this week.
I cannot believe he did it....there was no good reason apparent, other than his absolute sweetness. It's gorgeous. I'll post a picture soon.
Of course it warmed up today a bit, so the new jacket remains hanging on a door knob in our living room...I like to think of it as new autumnal decor.

This is the weekend of our fall yard sale! I'm dreading it with every fiber of my being, but hopefully we'll have some success and a bit of cash in our pocket at the end of the day (not to mention, the ultimate relief of being a little less burdened down by earthly accumulations). My vote is that we do something deliciously fun afterwards to make up for getting up early on a Saturday. Like a child, I apparently need to bribe myself with treats after each unpleasant experience. I need to get over that habit pronto.

I made a yummy hot chocolate mix this past weekend (will post the recipe soon!) and whipped up a Duncan Hines spice cake with cream cheese frosting. So easy and yummy! Smells amazing while it bakes so make it right before company comes over.

Can't wait to be at home in my pjs this evening! DL started at 5:45 am this morning....amazing study on God's unconditional covenants and Moses....but I am tuckered out!

1 comment: