Saturday, October 24, 2009

First Tablescape

The garage sale is over!! We are so thrilled...and we made a little money, too. So everything turned out just fine, we met some nice people, and as hoped, the weather was great.

Caleb and I had a busy day but we did find a little time to do a little work on this here blog. As you may have noticed, my incredibly talented husband did a design for my title! So pretty! And I set up my first tablescape to post! My husband is so kind has been very patient and kind today.



I like this tablescape a lot because it gives me a lovely way to showcase some carnival glass that Mimi (grandmother) has given me. The candy dishes are made of colorful glass in amber and emerald green and they add a little height and shimmer to the table. I also got to use some antique silk napkins from Spain (passed down through Mimi as well) that I have never used before. I love the delicate fringe around the edges. The green glass coffee cups came from Germany and were given to me by a dear friend from the theatre, Lisa Hayes.




The red and green table linen is a small cloth I made to cover up a vintage poster that is lacquered onto our table. The design is fun and bright but I have found that there are definitely times when I would rather have a more formal table setting and so this small linen works nicely. It's hard to see but the green border is a sage grosgrain ribbon. It's not exquisitely made but it does the trick!


Pumpkins and some small glass candle holders really pull off the centerpiece, I think. I bought the candle holders at Michael's on sale for $0.79 and the flowers were from a bouquet that I dried several months ago. So inexpensive! And I love using handed down things that have been given to me...they reminded me of people I love every time I pass the table.

I'm really enjoying decorating our little apartment on a dime. Budgets birth creativity! It's so rewarding to see a home come together with things you already have only now rearranged.

I've also included a picture of our bedroom. It's my favorite place in our house, I think. We still have some work to do on it, but I think it's really cozy.


That's all for now!
Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I can't wait to post more!
Have a great day, friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love the banner! Good job, Caleb! Such a pretty tablescape! I have a picture of a pretty setting you did this past summer. I'll email it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing the beautiful table!!! My son got a jewel!!!

    ReplyDelete