Saturday, November 7, 2009

Montgomery, Alabama

Greetings from LA (Lower Alabama)!
Just a quick post to share our day with you. Caleb and I came down to see the his mama, daddy, nephew Josiah and brother Josh (who marvelously played the role of Schroeder in his high school's production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" this weekend) and here are just a few highlights of the day.

First Mrs. Terri took me to Carol Brooks Antiques in Pratville, AL! My favorite shop down there! It is beautiful...I could have kicked myself for forgetting my camera, but luckily, I will probably be back before the holidays and will get some good pictures of their lovely stuff. This is where I purchased the bell jar I've been wanting for my bouquet! Can't wait to get it home and will post pics soon...

Here is the beautiful Jim Shore ornament from Carol Brooks that Mrs. Terri bought for our first Christmas tree!










Then we were off to the Pike Road Arts and Crafts Fair...


It was a really pretty day to be out. We didn't buy anything...but there were some pretty sights over all.




Some lovely quilts I found. I love the benches that just happened to be sitting underneath them. They say "Be Thrify" and "Be Cheerful"!










Our precious nephew Josiah looking adorable in a fire truck.





Later in the evening, we went to Josh's play and enjoyed the rest of the evening home with family. Such a fun time!



We're headed back in about an hour and looking forward to the holidays...!

Much Love,

C

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got the bell jar! I was hoping it hadn't sold yet. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVED having y'all here!!! We do miss y'all so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well welcome to Aaaaalllllaaabbbaaaammmaaa!!!! Did I draw that out enough? I wanna see the bell jar! I'm really lovin' those right now. And speaking of Charlie Brown. I saw a'Charlie Brown Christmas Tree' at Walgreens yesterday. It was so sad looking with it's one red ball. I'm glad you had a good trip! Ya'll come back now, real soon!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete