Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Art of the Table


Wednesday...the middle of the week.

It's been balmy and rainy here. Stormy at times. Caleb and I had class this morning at 5:45 and when we woke up in the darkness, the lightning through the window in our bathroom made the room blaze blue. We shrieked (with delight). I LOVE having a window in our bathroom. I will have a very difficult time adjusting to not having a window in our bathroom, if that ever must be the case.

I thought I'd share what has become my new "go to" book for all things table-oriented. It was a Christmas gift from my mother who has the dream job of working in a bookstore. "The Art of the Table" by Suzanne Von Drachenfels (she married a Baron...how fun is THAT?).
This book is the perfect companion to anyone even remotely interested in tablescapes. Not only does Mrs. Von Drachenfels share with us the proper times for formal banquets versus casual soirees, she tells us the very history of table linens, silverware, and dining traditions. Wonderful! Fascinating! My husband does a marvelous job of pretending to be interested in these things when, while reading before bed, I gasp with excitement when I learn that there IS such a thing in existence as an actual ice cream spoon...
Hope you have a beautiful evening, friends!
Much Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment