Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010!

In all of that last post's hoopla about furniture rearrangement, it ended up that we needed only to 1. Move a bookcase out of the living room and into the bedroom, 2. Shift the two smallest pieces of furniture down the wall a few feet and 3. Switch the rocking chair from the bedroom to the living room. This did not take hardly any time at all and yet greatly affected the look, space, and "seatibility" of our living room.

This is a horrible "before" picture. However, you can see the antique sewing machine with computer on top sort of floating on that far wall and the black pie cabinet just hanging out to the left of that.

This is the new plan!

We both feel like there's a ton more space and the wires to the computer and stereo are much more neatly tucked into that corner back there (which is good when toddlers visit!). I love the pie cabinet being the focal point of the room. That's the first piece Caleb and I ever bought together...we got it at a craft's fair the fall of our engagement and we love it.


This is just a picture of the other side of the room. It's pretty cozy for us...as you can tell by the fact that someone had just been lying on that love seat. :)

I hope everyone's New Year's break was as relaxing as our's! We had such a great time holed up in our apartment watching 'Friends' and 'Seinfield' on dvd (Christmas presents!) and catching up on some reading. We went to see a movie, watched sweet Cecily Smith for a while Saturday evening, did a little shopping and got a lot of rest and sleep! The only real work I did was to quickly reorganzied two closests and the bathroom cabinets and it was so much easier to start back to the grind today having everything put up, cleaned up, and freshened up.

I did get to try out the new cookie press I got for Christmas...

These are Vanilla and Nutmeg Sugar Cookies made with my new Springerle press from House on the Hill.

Each cookie is a medieval woodcut scene of family life...a lady spinning yard, a man herding sheep, etc. They were unbelievably easy to make and they are just about too pretty to eat.

Thanks for reading my little blog, friends. I know it's just nothing at all, really...certainly not life-changing but I really enjoy posting about our itty bitty home. It keeps me motivated to always be making things better! If you haven't already, I highly recommend looking through my short reading list. The blogs these ladies have written are really fun to read and very inspiring. They really know what they're doing when it comes to decorating and keeping a home fresh and pretty.

Much Love!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Casey, you are such a great homemaker! Emma and I were so amazed with the cookies, we wish we could taste one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Y'all!!!!! What fun we had with all of you at Christmas. Wish it was more than once a year we all got together. I love you both so much. Terri

    ReplyDelete