Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hoping for Spring...

I am absolutely antsy for warmer weather and longer days. But it is January and I am trying to learn the discipline of living in the season I am in and living in it WELL. (Note: This obviously is not only true with calendar season but also seasons of life...don't we just love hurrying through one phase only to look forward to what follows that?)
How do you make your house look January-ish? I have gloves and jackets everywhere...and a coat rack hanging with our prettiest scarves. I am holding off on spring flowers and lightly scented candles. I figure we might as well wallow in the spicy scents and deep colors as long as it's dead winter...they'll be brightened up with hints of bright red in a few weeks anyhow for Valentine's Day!

We used our last wedding gift certificate at Pier 1 this past weekend.

We snagged new coasters with bits of blue, white, green, and gold. It's amazing how something that costs so little ($3.98 and on a gift card at that!) can add a little bit of brightness to our whole living room!

We also added a beautiful new lamp to the table by our front door. My Aunt Lynn had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of going through some model homes and picking out whatever she wanted FOR FREE!! I may have hinted that a new lamp would rock my world and she delivered!

This lamp is really much larger than it looks here. It adds a perfect sense of height to that corner of the room and the big white lampshade makes everything seem brighter. I'm experimenting with lampshades this spring. I'm hoping that if I change out the red shades we have to seasonal white ones, our living room will look breezier for spring and summer.

Finally, I saw this little happen-stance scene when I looked up from my computer this morning and I had to take a picture. Who knew your husband's boots could look adorable in your living room? :) Not I!

Hope you find a little happen-stance beauty during your day!

Much Love,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment